Crocs damage hospital equipment!

No monster crocodiles rising from the water, but those extraordinary – love them or hate them – funny-shaped garish coloured foot adornments. The UK tabloid newspaper The Sun reported on September 5th that in A Swedish hospital there have been incidents where a patient’s vital respirator and two other key pieces of equipment were knocked out by static electricity caused by Crocs. This resulted in a ban on the footwear. 

In Sheffield, UK the health authority also barred Crocs to avoid problems in the operating theatres. Now it seems that a ban might be applied by other players in the UK National Health System (NHS). Apparently thousands of nurses and other NHS staff wear Crocs, with nurses being quoted as saying Crocs have relieved months of suffering with painful feet. In addition it appears that there is a possible problem with Health & Safety regulations with comments about infection control and the risks of needles being dropped through the holes in the uppers.

Read th article at,,2-2007410358,00.html



Andrew has taught at the University as well as providing podiatry services in South Africa since 1977. Twice chair of the Podiatry Association of South Africa and a commentator on care of your feet on both radio and television he now works in private practice in Cape Town and Hout Bay.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

Leave a Comment: